Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Fender Bender

So, I was in a fender bender the other day. It was completely my fault, but a complete accident. I went to look in the back for some cds and my foot let off the break a tad bit and I hit the car in front of me at a whopping 2 mph. Now, most cars nowadays can take a bump at that neck breaking speed, however the person in front of me still felt it necessary to call the police. She didn't even want to move her car so, she held up all of military highways traffic. Which, irritated me. I went out to look at her car and mine, there was no damage relating to my love tap. I took some pictures just to make sure I didn't get potentially screwed, and then the police finally show up. They look at our cars, fill out paper work and says there won't be a summons since there was no damage done to her. I look at the report, it says zero damage.

Today, I get a call saying that she's filing a claim. Now, I start choking on my words in disbelief. I'm hoping that there is no damage to the car whatsoever. I'm just stumped as to why? This could've been handled in a way that there is no stress involved. No police, no insurance companies, no blocking traffic, and everyone just go about their day. I guess people have to make mountains out of molehills. Let's hope this doesn't blow out of proportion.

No comments:

Post a Comment