I confessed something to a close friend of mine the other day. It was something I've been keeping quiet on for quite awhile now. I had this huge anxiety of the conversation as my worst fears seemed to be the only possible outcome(s) from the situation, in my mind. When I finally broke the first few words, I could feel the pressure lifting and suddenly, I was able to talk about it like I would have in any other 'deep' conversation. The results of said conversation were.... bittersweet. I didn't exactly get the full outcome I desired but, at the same time, it could have been a lot worse. I underestimated the power of friendship, like I always do. I've started down the path I need to walk on to continue with my life, I cannot keep waiting around for something I cannot expect to happen anytime soon.
It's funny how the heart and mind can manipulate each other into making a person want or believe anything. They can take you far away from reality and keep you in your own little world, thinking everything you feel and think are right, that everything will go your way. Even though sometimes, it turns out to be quite the opposite. I've been finding it easier to pull myself out of that mental fog that I seem to always put myself in.
On a different note, Hurricane Irene finally just moved out of the area. While the grunt of the storm is gone, we're still getting slammed with strong winds and showers. I've been up since about.... 5:30am I believe, I saw the hurricane before it made landfall and I saw it leave. It's been a very long day. It was crazy driving around at night, you couldn't see anything. A lot of the damage was mostly downed branches and limbs from weak trees and leaves are everywhere, I mean, everywhere. Almost all of the street lights were out, so it was practically pitch black. The bay looked like the end of the world, you couldn't see anything.
Of course, as expected, a good portion of OV has been flooded out, a lot of tidal flooding this time around.
We got really lucky with this storm, I remember Isabel very well, we didn't have power or gas for a week. I only went without power for maybe 3 hours today. The street behind me lost two really old trees to Isabel and a good portion of the area was blocked off because of the flooding or trees blocking major roads. I don't think Irene did as much as she could have. Especially if it were a CAT3 and made landfall, we'd be screwed. Oh well, at least we got by with a few scratches and nothing more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment